Oh boy, where do I even start?
- I was able to pick up the adorable cochin/silkie mixes! SO HAPPY.
- My Pet Poultry Happy Farm business cards arrived!
- I gave away some to one friend and one of them was left on the patio and I shoot you no shit the next day a random RSL hen showed up… no guarantees that my business cards spawn chickens but so far the odds are in my favour.
- FIVE BABIES HATCHED. Lenny, Mandolin, Peeps, Jasmine, & Mandarin are their names and they live in a happy brooder in my garage.
- Officer Hammy & Ursula’s babies have all found homes except for one, Mr. Feisty Mouth, that I’m trying to keep. One lives with my mother-in-law, two live in an apartment building near my work, and two live with my husband’s aunt.
- I was talking to this man named Chicken Farmer Barry and he has THIRTY-FIVE barred rock hens for sale!! I could get twenty for a ridiculously cheap price! I don’t even care about the price, I just love barred rock chickens! Then, as if it was a sign, he casually mentioned that he has two *female* Cashmere goats for sale! And if I wanted, he knows someone with a Jenny for $1,000. The Jenny I’m not interested in as I’ve recently seen some for $600 or less, the goats I am somewhat interested in but leery because I’m not a pro goat farmer yet, and I am SUPER interested in the barred rock hens!
- I also found a silkie hen and two babies but I didn’t realize until afterwards that they are more than an hour away so are the barred rocks, but goodness, 20 hens and the possibility of other random farm pets is definitely worth the drive
- I HAVE FIVE GOATS IN MY BARN. A DADDY, MUMMY, & BABY BOER AND 2 BLACK ONES! Like what a ridiculously amazing awesome surprise to come home to one day after a long day at the tattoo shop!!!!!!! GOATS!
- I spent a lot of time talking to the property owners this weekend and I’m very encouraged that I can get more lovely barn pets if my heart so desires.
- In the meantime I am loving being a somewhat goat farmer in addition to my chicken farming.
- The tattoo shop also has a bunch of exciting stuff going on.
- Pictures instead of a post next time 😀